Customs Act 2015
Customs ports and airports
6. (1) For the purposes of the Customs Acts, the Commissioners may, in consultation with the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, subject to such conditions or restrictions as they may determine, appoint any place in the State as a customs port or a customs airport.
(2) Other than in a case referred to in subsection (3), a customs airport appointed under subsection (1) shall be designated as a Type I customs airport.
(3) Where a customs airport appointed under subsection (1) is subject to a—
(a) requirement to give prior notification to customs in relation to an aircraft arriving at the customs airport from outside the State,
(b) restriction as regards the time at which an aircraft may arrive at the customs airport from outside the State, or
(c) restriction as regards the locations outside the State from which an aircraft may arrive at the customs airport,
the airport shall be designated as a Type II customs airport.
(4) The Commissioners may amend or revoke an appointment made under subsection (1) or amend or revoke a condition or restriction to which it was subject.
(5) The appointment of a customs port or a customs airport, made under any enactment, shall continue to apply and have effect as if it had been made under this section, for a period of 5 years from the date of passing of this Act, and subsection (4) applies accordingly.