Customs Act 2015
Short title, construction and commencement
1. (1) This Act may be cited as the Customs Act 2015.
(2) The Customs Acts and this Act shall be construed together as one.
(3) This Act comes into operation on such day or days as the Minister may appoint by order or orders either generally or with reference to any particular purpose or provision and different days may be so appointed for different purposes or different provisions.
(4) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (3) , an order or orders under that subsection may appoint different days for the coming into operation of section 3 so as to effect the repeal or revocation provided by that section of—
Power pursuant to subs. (3) exercised (31.12.2016) by Customs Act 2015 (Commencement) Order 2016 (S.I. No. 611 of 2016).
2. The day appointed as the day upon which the Customs Act 2015 (No. 18 of 2015) comes into operation is 31 December 2016.