Companies Act 2014
F332[ Supplemental provisions in relation to section 558ZD and section 558ZZ
558ZE. (1) Where the relevant court dismisses an objection or approves modified terms of a rescue plan under section 558ZD or 558ZZ, it may make such orders for the implementation of its decision as it deems fit.
(2) Where any objection under section 558ZD or 558ZZ is dismissed, the rescue plan shall come into effect immediately (unless the relevant court deems it appropriate to fix a later date).
(3) Where the relevant court approves a modified rescue plan under section 558ZD such a plan shall, subject to any further modifications made under section 558ZZ(6)(b), come into effect from a date fixed by the relevant court, which date (unless the relevant court deems it appropriate to fix a later one) shall be a date falling no later than 21 days after the date of the approval of the rescue plan.
(4) Where the relevant court dismisses an objection or approves a modified rescue plan, a certified copy of any order made by the relevant court under section 558ZD or 558ZZ shall be delivered by the process adviser, or by such person as the relevant court may direct, to the Registrar.
(5) Where the High Court upholds an objection under section 558ZD, the High Court may, if it considers it just and equitable to do so, make an order for the winding up of the eligible company, or any other order as it deems fit.
(6) Nothing in Chapter 6 confers on the Circuit Court any jurisdiction to hear a petition for the winding up of, or to wind up, a company.
(a) subsection (4), or any other provision of Chapter 3, nothing in this Part shall prevent the process adviser from including in a modified rescue plan any provisions that will not involve the impairment of the interests of members or creditors of the eligible company, or
(b) any foregoing provision of Chapter 3, nothing in Chapter 3 shall prevent the process adviser from including in a rescue plan any provision that provides for a reduction of the eligible company’s company capital nor, subject to subsection (8), the relevant court from approving any such provision in the context of a modified rescue plan.
(8) If the extent of the reduction of the eligible company’s company capital provided for in any modified rescue plan as referred to in subsection (7)(b) would, in the opinion of the relevant court, and having regard to—
(a) the scale and nature of the business that the eligible company carries on, and
(b) the likely liabilities it will incur on an on-going basis,
result in the eligible company’s having an amount of the eligible company capital that is manifestly inadequate, the relevant court shall not approve the modified rescue plan or, where appropriate, shall approve the modified rescue plan subject to a modification that a lower level of reduction, as determined by the relevant court, of the eligible company’s company capital shall have effect under the rescue plan.]
Inserted (7.12.2021) by Companies (Rescue Process for Small and Micro Companies) Act 2021 (30/2021), s. 3, S.I. No. 673 of 2021.