Companies Act 2014
IFRS entity financial statements
292. (1) Where the directors of a company prepare IFRS entity financial statements they shall comply with all IFRS in that regard and—
(a) shall make an unreserved statement in the notes to those entity financial statements that those financial statements have been prepared in accordance with international financial reporting standards, and
(b) shall ensure that those financial statements contain the additional information required by this Act other than that required by F104[required by Schedules 3, 3A, 3B, 4 and 4A].
(2) For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement for entity financial statements prepared in accordance with IFRS to present fairly the assets, liabilities, financial position, financial performance and cash flows is deemed to be equivalent to the true and fair view required by section 291(2).
F105[(2A) IFRS entity financial statements shall state the following:
(a) the name and legal form of the company;
(b) the place of registration of the company and the number under which it is registered;
(c) the address of its registered office;
(d) where the company is being wound up, the information required by section 595.]
(3) If a company fails to comply with F106[subsection (1) or (2A)], the company and any officer of it who is in default shall be guilty of a category 2 offence.
(4) In any proceedings against a person in respect of an offence under subsection (3), it shall be a defence to prove that the defendant had reasonable grounds for believing and did believe that—
(a) a competent and reliable person was charged with the duty of ensuring that the provisions of the subsection concerned were complied with, and
(b) the latter person was in a position to discharge that duty.
(5) In subsection (3) “officer” includes any shadow director and de facto director.
Substituted (9.06.2017) by Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 (9/2017), s. 18(a), S.I. No. 246 of 2017, art. 3, subject to transitional provision in art. 4.
Substituted (9.06.2017) by Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 (9/2017), s. 16(a), S.I. No. 246 of 2017, art. 3, subject to transitional provision in art. 4.
Substituted (9.06.2017) by Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 (9/2017), s. 18(c), S.I. No. 246 of 2017, art. 3, subject to transitional provision in art. 4.
Modifications (not altering text):
Section applied with modifications (1.01.2020) by European Union (Qualifying Partnerships: Accounting and Auditing) Regulations 2019 (S.I. No. 597 of 2019), reg. 12, in effect as per reg. 1(2), (3).
Application of section 292 of Principal Act
12. Section 292 of the Principal Act shall apply to a qualifying partnership as if subsection (2A) read -
“(2A) IFRS entity financial statements shall state the following:
(a) the firm name of the qualifying partnership;
(b) in relation to a limited partnership, the place of registration and the number under which it is registered;
(c) the address of the qualifying partnership’s principal place of business;
(d) where the qualifying partnership is being wound up under the Principal Act, the information required by section 595.”.
Application of subs. (3) extended (1.01.2020) by European Union (Qualifying Partnerships: Accounting and Auditing) Regulations 2019 (S.I. No. 597 of 2019), reg. 42(1), (2), in effect as per reg. 1(2), (3).
42. (1) A qualifying partnership that fails to comply with any provision referred to in sections 291(9), 292(3), 294(9), 295(3), 324(6), 324(8), 355(7), 355(9), 356(5) or 1458(4) of the Principal Act as applied by these Regulations commits an offence.
(2) Where an offence under paragraph (1) is committed by a qualifying partnership and it is proved that the offence was committed with the consent or connivance, or was attributable to any wilful neglect, of a person who was -
(a) a member of the qualifying partnership,
(b) a director of such a member, or (c) a person purporting to act in either such capacity,
that person shall, as well as the qualifying partnership, be guilty of an offence and may be proceeded against and punished as if he or she were guilty of the first-mentioned offence.