Companies Act 2014
Provisions as to names of companies
26. (1) The name of a company shall end with one of the following:
(2) The word “limited” may be abbreviated to “ltd.” (including that abbreviation in capitalised form) in any usage after the company’s registration by any person including the company.
(3) The word “teoranta” may be abbreviated to “teo.” (including that abbreviation in capitalised form) in any usage after the company’s registration by any person including the company.
(4) A company carrying on business under a name other than its corporate name shall register in the manner directed by law for the registration of business names but the use of the abbreviation set out in subsection (2) or (3) shall not of itself render such registration necessary.
(5) No company shall be registered on—
(a) its incorporation; or
(b) should such occur, its re-registration, merger or division,
by a name which, in the opinion of the Registrar, is undesirable.
(6) An appeal shall lie to the court against a refusal by the Registrar to register a company (in any of the circumstances referred to in paragraph (a) or (b) of subsection (5)) on the ground there referred to.