Companies Act 2014
182. (1) No business shall be transacted at any general meeting of a company unless a quorum of members is present at the time when the meeting proceeds to business.
(2) Save to the extent that its constitution provides otherwise or in a case falling within subsection (3), 2 members of a company present in person or by proxy at a general meeting of it shall be a quorum.
(3) In the case of a single-member company, one member of the company present in person or by proxy at a general meeting of it shall be a quorum.
(4) Subsection (5) shall apply unless the company’s constitution provides otherwise.
(5) Save to the extent that the company’s constitution provides otherwise, if within 15 minutes after the time appointed for a general meeting a quorum is not present, then—
(a) where the meeting has been convened upon the requisition of members, the meeting shall be dissolved;
(b) in any other case—
(i) the meeting shall stand adjourned to the same day in the next week, at the same time and place or to such other day and at such other time and place as the directors may determine; and
(ii) if at the adjourned meeting a quorum is not present within half an hour after the time appointed for the meeting, the members present shall be a quorum.