Companies Act 2014
F911[Audit of group accounts - responsibility of group auditor
1527. (1) Where a statutory audit of the group financial statements of a group is carried out—
(a) in relation to the group financial statements, the group auditor shall bear the full responsibility for the statutory auditors’ report, and
(b) where the holding undertaking is a public-interest entity, the group auditor shall bear the full responsibility for ensuring that the requirements of Articles 10 and 11 of Regulation (EU) No 537/2014 are met in relation to the audit carried out on that public-interest entity.
(2) The group auditor shall—
(a) evaluate the audit work carried out by any auditors for the purpose of the group audit, and
(b) document the nature, timing and extent of the work carried out by those auditors, including the group auditor’s review of the relevant parts of audit documentation.
(3) For the purposes of the group audit, auditors may be one or more of the following:
(a) statutory auditors;
(b) statutory audit firms;
(c) Member State auditors;
(d) Member State audit firms;
(e) third-country auditors;
(f) third-country audit entities.
(4) The group auditor shall carry out a review, and maintain documentation of such review, of the work of whoever referred to in subsection (3) performed audit work for the purposes of the group audit.
(5) The documentation referred to in subsections (2)(b) and (4) to be retained by the group auditor shall be such as enables the Supervisory Authority, or the recognised accountancy body where applicable, to conduct a quality assurance inspection or review, as the case may be, under Chapter 7.
(6) The group auditor shall request the agreement of the auditors concerned referred to in subsection (3)(a) to (f) to transfer relevant documentation during the carrying out of the audit of group financial statements as a condition of the reliance by the group auditor on the work of such auditors.
(7) (a) Where the group auditor is unable to secure an agreement referred to in subsection (6), he or she shall take appropriate measures in order to form an audit opinion and inform the relevant Supervisory Authority or the recognised accountancy body where applicable.
(b) Such measures shall, as appropriate, include carrying out additional statutory audit work, either directly or by outsourcing the additional statutory audit work, in the relevant subsidiary.
(8) (a) The group auditor who is subject to a quality assurance inspection or review or an investigation concerning the statutory audit of the group financial statements of a group shall, when requested, make available to the Supervisory Authority or the recognised accountancy body where applicable the relevant documentation he or she retains concerning the audit work performed by the auditors concerned referred to in subsection (3)(a) to (f) for the purpose of the group audit, including any working papers relevant to the group audit.
(b) The Supervisory Authority may request additional documentation on the audit work performed by a statutory auditor or audit firm for the purpose of the group audit from the competent authorities in other Member States where applicable pursuant to Chapter 17.]
Inserted (21.09.2018) by Companies (Statutory Audits) Act 2018 (22/2018), s. 51, S.I. No. 366 of 2018.