Companies Act 2014
Power to make certain rules and issue guidelines
1363. (1) In this section “competent authority” means the competent authority designated under Irish prospectus law.
(2) The competent authority may make rules imposing or enabling the competent authority to impose requirements on persons on whom an obligation or obligations are imposed by Irish prospectus law, being requirements—
(a) to do or not to do specified things so as to secure that the provisions of Irish prospectus law are complied with and, in particular (without limiting the generality of this paragraph), to adopt specified procedures and use specified forms in the provision of information to the competent authority;
(b) to do or not to do specified things so as to secure the effective supervision by the competent authority of activities of the kind to which Irish prospectus law relates and, in particular (without limiting the generality of this paragraph), to make such reports or disclose such matters, at such times and in such manner, to the competent authority or other specified persons as are provided for by the rules or specified by the competent authority pursuant to the rules, being reports or a disclosure of matters that is or are required by virtue or in consequence of the operation of Irish prospectus law.
(3) Rules under this section may include rules providing for the manner in which or the matters by reference to which (or both) a determination is to be made of any issue as to whether a transaction or transactions is or are of a significant size for the purposes of the provisions of Irish prospectus law implementing Article 2(2)(a) of the 2003 Prospectus Directive.
(4) The reference in subsection (2) to an obligation imposed on a person by Irish prospectus law includes a reference to an obligation imposed on a person by virtue of the person’s exercising a right or option provided under Irish prospectus law.
(5) Rules under this section may contain such consequential, incidental or supplemental provisions as the competent authority considers necessary or expedient.
(6) Rules under this section shall not contain any provision that is inconsistent with Irish prospectus law or require the provision of information to any person, the provision of which is not reasonably related to the purposes for which the applicable provisions of the 2003 Prospectus Directive have been adopted.
(7) The provisions of Irish prospectus law that are expressed by that law to be made for the purpose of enabling the imposition of administrative sanctions shall apply in relation to a contravention of rules under this section as they apply in relation to a contravention of a provision of Irish prospectus law and, accordingly, a sanction that may be imposed pursuant to the first-mentioned provisions of Irish prospectus law in respect of a contravention of a provision of that law may, in accordance with that law, be imposed in respect of a contravention of rules under this section.
(8) The competent authority may issue guidelines in writing as to the steps that may be taken to comply with Irish prospectus law.
(9) Rules made under section 51 of the Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 2005 and in force immediately before the commencement of this section shall continue in force as if they were rules made under this section and may be amended or revoked accordingly.
Power pursuant to section exercised (22.07.2019) by Central Bank (Investment Market Conduct) Rules 2019 (S.I. No. 366 of 2019).