Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Act 2014
25. (1) The Commission shall—
(a) not later than 6 months after the commencement of this section, prepare a strategy statement in respect of the 3 years immediately following the year in which the strategy statement is so submitted, and
(b) not later than 3 months before each third anniversary of the preparation in accordance with this subsection of the strategy statement for the time being in effect, prepare a strategy statement in respect of the period of 3 years immediately following the year in which the strategy statement is so prepared.
(2) A strategy statement shall—
(i) the key objectives and related strategies, including the use of resources of the Commission, and
(ii) having had regard to subparagraph (i), the key priorities and objectives of the Chief Commissioner for his or her term of office, and
(b) have regard to the need to ensure the most beneficial, effective and efficient use of the resources of the Commission.
(3) The Commission shall, in preparing a strategy statement, consult in such manner as the Commission considers appropriate with such bodies and groups as it sees fit including but not limited to educational institutions, representatives of relevant agencies and civil society, Departments of State and other public bodies.
(4) The Commission shall as soon as may be after the preparation of a strategy statement under subsection (1) cause copies of it to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(5) The Commission shall ensure that, as soon as practicable after copies of a strategy statement are laid before both Houses of the Oireachtas in accordance with subsection (4), the strategy statement is published in such manner as the Commission considers appropriate.