Health Identifiers Act 2014
Short title and commencement
1. (1) This Act may be cited as the Health Identifiers Act 2014.
(2) This Act shall come into operation on such day or days as may be appointed by order or orders made by the Minister, either generally or with reference to a particular purpose or provision, and different days may be so appointed for different purposes and different provisions.
(3) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (2), an order under this section may appoint a day on which section 20(1) shall come into operation in relation to a Part of the National Register of Health Services Provider Identifiers specified in the order in so far as that Part relates to a class of health services providers specified in the order whose relevant information (health services provider) is contained in that Part.
Power pursuant to subs. (2) exercised (30.05.2017) by Health Identifiers Act 2014 (Commencement) Order 2017 (S.I. No. 236 of 2017).
2. The 30th day of May 2017 is appointed as the day on which the following provisions of the Health Identifiers Act 2014 (No. 15 of 2014) shall come into operation:
(a) subsections 1(a) and (2) of section 10;
(b) subsection (6) of section 11, insofar as it is not already in operation;
(c) Schedule 1;
(d) Schedule 2.
Power pursuant to subs. (2) exercised (13.07.2015) by Health Identifiers Act 2014 (Commencement) Order 2015 (S.I. No. 294 of 2015).
2. The 13th day of July 2015 is appointed as the day on which the following provisions of the Health Identifiers Act 2014 (No. 15 of 2014) shall come into operation:
(a) sections 1 to 4;
(b) sections 5, 6, 7(1), 8, 9;
(c) subsections (1)(b) and (4) of section 10;
(d) section 11(6)(a) insofar as it relates to the purpose of the performance by the Minister of a function conferred on him or her by the Health Identifiers Act 2014 or another enactment;
(e) sections 21, 22, 23 25, 26, 27;
(f) sections 28 to 34.