Education and Training Boards Act 2013
Function of education and training board performed outside functional area.
23.— (1) Subject to subsections (2), (3) and (4), the Minister may give a direction to an education and training board (in this section referred to as the “first board”) to carry out a function of another education and training board (in this section referred to as the “second board”) in that board’s functional area, subject to such terms and conditions as the Minister determines.
(2) Before giving a direction under subsection (1), the Minister shall, by notice in writing, inform the first and second board that he or she proposes to give such direction.
(3) A notice under subsection (2) shall—
( a) specify the Minister’s reasons for proposing to give a direction under this section,
( b) specify the terms of the direction that he or she proposes to give, and
( c) invite the first board and second board to make, not later than 14 days from the date of service of the notice, representations in writing to the Minister in relation to the proposed direction.
(4) The Minister shall, in deciding whether or not to give a direction under this section, take into account any representations made under subsection (3).
(5) The Minister shall notify the second board of a direction given under this section.
(6) The first board shall comply with a direction given to it under this section.
(7) The second board shall, on the request of the first board, cooperate with and assist the first board in implementing a direction given to the first board under this section.