Road Safety Authority (Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness) Act 2012
Renewal of authorisation as CVR test operator.
15.— (1) Subject to section 10 , a CVR test operator may, at any time up to 12 months prior to its expiry or revocation, apply to the Minister for the renewal of his or her authorisation and the Minister may either renew or refuse to renew the authorisation.
(2) An application for the renewal of an authorisation under this section shall be made in such form and manner and be accompanied by such documents and supporting information and such fee as the Minister prescribes under section 16 .
(3) The Minister shall decide whether or not to renew an authorisation under this section in accordance with section 11 and having regard to whether or not the CVR test operator has performed his or her functions in accordance with the conditions of the authorisation.
(4) Where the Minister decides to renew an authorisation the Minister may impose all or any of the conditions referred to in section 9 .
(5) Where the Minister decides not to renew an authorisation the Minister shall inform the holder in writing setting out the reasons for the decision.
(6) An authorisation renewed under this section shall not be renewed for a period of more than 10 years.
(7) A renewal of an authorisation under this section shall commence immediately upon the expiration of the authorisation of which it is a renewal and, unless it is suspended under section 18 or revoked under section 19 shall continue in force until the expiry date specified by the Minister.
Application form prescribed (27.03.2013) by Authorisation of Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Test Operators and Testers Regulations 2013 (S.I. No. 107 of 2013), reg. 4(1) and sch. 1 part 1, in effect as per reg. 2.