Dog Breeding Establishments Act 2010
Licence fees payable under Act of 1986.
25.— The Act of 1986 is amended by substituting the following section for section 8:
“8.— (1) Subject to subsection (2), the following fees are payable to a local authority:
( a) in respect of the issue of a dog licence to which paragraph ( a) of subsection (1) of section 7 (inserted by section 24 of the Dog Breeding Establishments Act 2010) applies, €20;
( b) in respect of the issue of a dog licence to which paragraph ( b) of the said subsection (1) applies, €140; or
( c) in respect of the issue of a general dog licence, €400.
(2) The operator of a dog breeding establishment registered under the Dog Breeding Establishments Act 2010 shall not be liable to pay a fee in respect of the issue of a general dog licence.
(3) The Minister may by order amend subsection (1) by substituting for an amount standing specified for the time being in that subsection an amount equal to the amount obtained by multiplying the first-mentioned amount by the figure specified in subsection (4) and, if the amount so obtained is not a whole number of euros and the Minister considers it appropriate to do so rounding (up or down as he or she thinks fit) the amount to the nearest whole number of euros.
(4) The figure mentioned in subsection (3) is the quotient rounded up to 3 decimal places obtained by dividing the consumer price index number in respect of the year in which the order concerned is made by the consumer price index number in respect of the year in which section 25 of the Dog Breeding Establishments Act 2010 comes into operation.
(5) Whenever an order is proposed to be made under this section, a draft of the order shall be laid before each House of the Oireachtas and the order shall not be made until a resolution approving the draft has been passed by each such House.
(6) In this section ‘consumer price index number’ means the All Items Consumer Price Index Number compiled by the Central Statistics Office, and a reference to the consumer price index number in respect of any year is a reference to the consumer price index number at such date in that year as is determined by the Minister with the consent of the Minister for Finance.”.