Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008
Integrated implementation plan.
13.— (1) As soon as practicable after the establishment day, and thereafter within 9 months of the approval by the Minister of a transport strategy, the Authority shall make a plan (“integrated implementation plan”) for the ensuing 6 year period in accordance with this section.
(2) An integrated implementation plan shall comprise—
( a) an infrastructure investment programme, identifying the key objectives and outputs to be pursued by the Authority over the period of the plan,
( b) the actions to be taken by the Authority to ensure the effective integration of public transport infrastructure over the period of the plan,
( c) an integrated service plan, identifying the key objectives and outputs to be pursued by the Authority in relation to the procurement of public passenger transport services over the period of the plan,
F18 [ (ca) actions to be taken relating to the objectives of the Authority under section 19 (2) of the Taxi Regulation Act 2013, ]
( d) the actions to be taken by the Authority to ensure the effective integration of public passenger transport services over the period of the plan, and
( e) such other matters as the Authority considers appropriate or as may be prescribed by the Minister.
(3) An integrated implementation plan shall be prepared in such form and manner as may be directed by the Minister and have regard to—
( a) any proposals received from public transport authorities and operators, and
( b) the need to ensure the most beneficial, effective and efficient use of Exchequer resources.
(4) The Minister, in consultation with the Minister for Finance, shall provide to the Authority written guidance on multi-annual funding arrangements and the Authority shall have regard to such guidance in preparing an integrated implementation plan.
(5) The Authority shall, in the course of preparing an integrated implementation plan, consult with and consider the views of local authorities, the Garda Síochána, local communities, transport users, public transport operators, port and airport authorities or companies and other interested parties in the GDA and shall invite written public submissions on the plan.
(6) The Authority shall submit a draft of its integrated implementation plan to the Minister for his or her approval.
(7) The Minister may, in relation to a draft integrated implementation plan submitted to him or her—
( a) approve the draft,
( b) approve it with modifications,
( c) instruct that it be resubmitted to him or her in a modified form for approval, or
( d) refuse to approve it.
(8) The Minister shall as soon as practicable after he or she has approved (with or without modifications) an integrated implementation plan under subsection (7), cause a copy of it to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(9) As soon as practicable after the Minister has notified the Authority that he or she has approved an integrated implementation plan, the Authority shall publish it and take all reasonably practical steps to implement it.
Inserted (6.04.2014) by Taxi Regulation Act 2013 (37/2013), s. 71(3), S.I. No. 163 of 2014.
Modifications (not altering text):
Additional obligations imposed on Authority (6.04.2014) by Taxi Regulation Act 2013 (37/2013), s. 71(1), (2), S.I. No. 163 of 2014.
71. — (1) The integrated implementation plan under section 13 of the Act of 2008 shall comprise actions to be taken by the Authority with regard to the small public service vehicle industry.
(2) When preparing the plan for the purposes of subsection (1), the Authority shall have regard to and proposals received from the small public service industry or users of small public service vehicles.