Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008
Chief executive officer.
19.— (1) There shall be a chief executive officer of the Authority (“chief executive”).
(2) The chief executive shall carry on and manage, and control generally, the staff, administration and business of the Authority and perform such other functions (if any) as may be determined by the Authority.
(3) The chief executive—
( a) shall be appointed by the Authority in accordance with procedures determined by the Authority, and
( b) may be removed from office at any time for stated reasons by the Authority,
with the consent of the Minister.
(4) The chief executive shall hold office for such term and upon and subject to such terms and conditions (including terms and conditions relating to remuneration and allowances for expenses) as may be determined by the Authority with the consent of the Minister given with the approval of the Minister for Finance.
(5) The chief executive shall not hold any other office or position without the consent of the Authority.
(6) Where a competition to appoint a chief executive is held prior to the establishment day the successful candidate may be appointed by the Minister as the chief executive designate of the Authority.
(7) Notwithstanding subsection (3)(a), the chief executive designate shall be appointed chief executive on the establishment of the Authority.
(8) The chief executive shall provide the Authority with such information, including financial information, in relation to the performance of his or her functions as the Authority may from time to time require.
(9) The functions of the chief executive may be performed in his or her absence or when the position of chief executive is vacant by such member of the staff of the Authority as may from time to time be designated for that purpose by the Authority.