Railway Safety Act 2005
Superannuation for members of Commission.
22.—(1) The Minister shall, with the consent of the Minister for Finance, make a scheme or schemes for the granting of superannuation benefits to or in respect of a commissioner ceasing to hold office.
(2) Every scheme made under this section shall fix the time and conditions of retirement for all persons to or in respect of whom superannuation benefits are payable under the scheme and different times and conditions may be fixed in respect of different classes of persons.
(3) The Minister may, with the consent of the Minister for Finance, make a scheme amending or revoking a scheme under this section, including a scheme under this subsection.
(4) If any dispute arises as to the claim of a commissioner to, or the amount of, any pension, gratuity or other allowance payable in pursuance of a scheme under this section, such dispute shall be submitted to the Minister who shall refer it to the Minister for Finance for determination by him or her.
(5) A scheme under this section shall be carried out by the Minister in accordance with its terms.
(6) No pension, gratuity or other allowance shall be granted by the Minister to or in respect of any commissioner ceasing to hold office otherwise than in accordance with a scheme under this section or as otherwise may be approved of by the Minister with the consent of the Minister for Finance.
(7) A scheme under this section shall be laid before each House of the Oireachtas by the Minister as soon as may be after it is made and, if a resolution annulling the scheme is passed by either such House within the next 21 days on which that House has sat after the scheme is laid before it, the scheme shall be annulled accordingly, but without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done thereunder.