Employment Equality Act 1998
Supply and publication of decisions and determinations.
89.— (1) A copy of every decision of the F159 [ Director General of the Workplace Relations Commission ] under this Part shall be given—
( a) to each of the parties, and
( b) to the Labour Court,
and every such decision shall be published F160 [ on the internet in such form and in such manner as the Director General of the Workplace Relations Commission considers appropriate ].
(2) A copy of every determination of the Labour Court under this Part shall be given to each of the parties; and every such determination shall be published and a copy thereof made available for inspection at the office of the Labour Court.
(3) In this section “ the parties” has the same meaning as in section 88 .
(4) Any reference in this section to a decision or determination includes a reference to any statement of reasons included in the decision or determination as mentioned in section 88(1) .
(5) The contents of any document which is published or made available by virtue of this section shall be protected by absolute privilege.
Substituted (1.10.2015) by Workplace Relations Act 2015 (16/2015), s. 83(1)(c)(ii), S.I. No. 410 of 2015, subject to transitional provision in subs. (2).
Substituted (1.10.2015) by Workplace Relations Act 2015 (16/2015), s. 83(1)(h), S.I. No. 410 of 2015, subject to transitional provisions in subs. (2).
Modifications (not altering text):
Application of section extended with modifications by Pensions Act 1990 (25/1990), s. 81J and sch. 4, as inserted (5.04.2004) by Social Welfare (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2004 (9/2004), s. 22, S.I. No. 141 of 2004, as amended (18.07.2004) by Equality Act 2004 24/2004), s. 66(3)(e), commenced on enactment.
Application of Employment Equality Act 1998.
81J.—(1) In this section ‘the Act of 1998’ means the Employment Equality Act 1998.
(2) Sections 74, [76, 77A], 78 to 81, 83 to 85 and 86 to 104 of the Act of 1998 shall, where appropriate, apply in relation to this Part as they apply in relation to that Act but with the following modifications.
(3) Those modifications are that for the words set out in column (3) of the Fourth Schedule at a particular reference number, being words appearing in a section or sections of the Act of 1998 specified in column (2) of that Schedule at that reference number, there shall be substituted in the place or, as the case may be, each place where those words occur in that section or sections the words set out in column (4) of that Schedule at that reference number.