Telecommunications (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1996
1.—(1) In this Act, except where the context otherwise requires—
F1[ “Commission” means the Commission for Communications Regulation established by Part 2 of the Communications Regulation Act 2002;]
“the company” means Bord Telecom Éireann;
“functions” includes powers and duties;
“the Minister” means the Minister for Transport, Energy and Communications;
“records” includes information stored electronically;
“the Principal Act” means the Postal and Telecommunications Services Act, 1983.
(2) A reference in this Act to a section, subsection or a Schedule is a reference to a section of, or subsection of, or Schedule to this Act, unless it is indicated that reference to some other Act is intended.
(3) A reference in this Act to any enactment, unless the context otherwise requires, shall be construed as a reference to that enactment as amended, adapted or extended by or under any subsequent enactment including this Act.
(4) A reference to the performance of functions includes, with respect to powers and duties, a reference to the exercise of powers and the carrying out of duties.
Inserted (15.05.2007) by Communications Regulation (Amendment) Act 2007 (22/2007), s. 4(2) and sch. 1, part 10, item 1(a), S.I. No. 224 of 2007.
Repealed (15.05.2007) by Communications Regulation (Amendment) Act 2007 (22/2007), s. 4(2) and sch. 1, part 10, item 1(b), S.I. No. 224 of 2007.
Modifications (not altering text):
Functions transferred from the Director to the Commission (15.05.2007) by Communications Regulation Act 2002 (20/2002), s. 9 and sch. 1 part 1 item 9, as substituted by Communications Regulation (Amendment) Act 2007 (22/2007), s. 18, S.I. No. 224 of 2007.
Transfer of functions.
9.—(1) On the establishment day there is transferred to the Commission the functions of the Director by or under—
(a) each of the provisions mentioned in column (3) of Part 1 of Schedule 1 of the enactments mentioned in column (2) of that Part opposite the mention of that provision, and
(4) Reference in a transferred function to the Director or the Minister (construed by virtue of section 4 of the Act of 1996 as a reference to the Director) shall, from the establishment day, be construed as a reference to the Commission.
Related Enactments for the Purposes of this Act
(9) the Telecommunications (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1996, sections 1 and 7 (subsection (5) excepted).