Registration of Title Act 1964
Powers of F22[the Authority].
16.—(1) Subject to general rules, F22[the Authority] may, by summons under F23[its] seal, require the attendance of all such persons as F23[it] thinks fit in relation to the registration of any title.
(2) F23[It] may, by like summons, require any person having the custody of any map, survey or book made or kept in pursuance of any enactment to produce the map, survey or book for inspection.
(3) F23[It] may examine on oath any person appearing before F23[it] and administer an oath accordingly.
(4) F23[It] may allow to any person summoned by F23[it] the reasonable expenses of his attendance.
(5) Any expenses allowed in pursuance of this section shall be deemed to be charges incurred in or about proceedings for registration, and may be dealt with in such manner as may be prescribed.
(6) If any person, after the delivery to him of a summons under this section, or of a copy thereof, and after having had a tender made to him of the expenses, if any, to which he is entitled, wilfully neglects or refuses to attend in pursuance of the summons, or to produce such maps, surveys, books or other documents as he may be required to produce under this Act, or to answer on oath or otherwise such questions as may be lawfully put to him by F22[the Authority] under the powers of this Act, he shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding one hundred pounds.
Substituted (4.11.2006) by Registration of Deeds and Title Act 2006 (12/2006), s. 4(2), S.I. No. 511 of 2006.
Substituted (4.11.2006) by Registration of Deeds and Title Act 2006 (12/2006), s. 4(3), S.I. No. 511 of 2006.