Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman Act 2017
26. (1) The Ombudsman shall, as soon as practicable after the establishment day, and thereafter not earlier than 6 months before the end of, and not later than the end of, each subsequent period of 3 years following the anniversary of that day, prepare and submit to the Council a strategic plan in respect of the period of 3 years immediately following the year in which the strategic plan is so submitted.
(2) The strategic plan referred to in subsection (1) shall specify the following:
(a) the objectives of the Ombudsman;
(b) the nature and scope of the activities to be undertaken by the Ombudsman;
(c) the strategies and policies for achieving the objectives of the Ombudsman;
(d) targets and criteria for assessing the performance of the Ombudsman.
(3) A strategic plan for the purposes of this section shall be in accordance with any requirements notified in writing by the Council to the Ombudsman in relation to the form in which the strategic plan is to be prepared.
(4) As soon as may be after approving a strategic plan referred to in subsection (1), the Council shall submit the plan to the Minister.
(5) As soon as may be after receiving the strategic plan referred to in subsection (1), the Minister shall arrange for the plan to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(6) The Ombudsman shall—
(a) arrange for a strategic plan that has been laid before each House of the Oireachtas in accordance with subsection (5) to be published on the internet as soon as practicable after the plan is so laid, and
(b) take all reasonably practical steps to implement the strategic plan as soon as may be after is it is laid in accordance with paragraph (a).