International Protection Act 2015
International Protection Appeals Tribunal
61. (1) On the establishment day, there shall stand established a Tribunal to be known as An Binse um Achomhairc i dtaobh Cosaint Idirnáisiúnta or, in the English language, the International Protection Appeals Tribunal, which shall determine appeals and perform such other functions as may be conferred on it by or under this Act and the Dublin System Regulations.
(2) The Minister shall, by order, appoint a day to be the establishment day for the purposes of this Act.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), the Tribunal shall be—
(a) inquisitorial in nature, and
(b) independent in the performance of its functions.
(4) The Minister may appoint such and so many persons to be members of the staff of the Tribunal as he or she considers necessary to assist the Tribunal in the performance of its functions and such members of the staff of the Tribunal shall receive such remuneration and be subject to such other terms and conditions of service as the Minister may, with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, determine.
(5) Members of the staff of the Tribunal shall be civil servants within the meaning of the Civil Service Regulation Acts 1956 to 2005.
(6) Whenever the Tribunal consists of more than one member, it shall be grouped into divisions, each of which shall consist of one member.
Power pursuant to subs. (2) exercised (31.12.2016) by International Protection Act 2015 (Establishment Day) Order 2016 (S.I. No. 661 of 2016).
2. The 31st day of December 2016 is appointed to be the establishment day for the purposes of the International Protection Act 2015 (No. 66 of 2015).