Legal Services Regulation Act 2015
(2) The Review Committee shall be composed of 3 persons, 2 of whom shall be lay persons and one of whom shall be a legal practitioner.
(3) The member of the Review Committee who is a legal practitioner shall—
(a) in a case where the complaint relates to a solicitor, be a solicitor, and
(b) in a case where the complaint relates to a barrister, be a barrister.
(4) A person shall be eligible to serve as a member of a Review Committee established under this section if he or she is eligible to serve as a member of the Complaints Committee established under this Part.
(5) The Review Committee shall consider reviews requested and, having given both the client and the legal practitioner an opportunity to make a statement in writing to it as to why the determination of the Authority under section 60 or 61 , as the case may be, was incorrect or unjust, determine the review by—
(a) confirming the determination of the Authority,
(6) Any payment made by a legal practitioner pursuant to a direction referred to in subsection (5) shall be without prejudice to any legal right of the client.