Legal Services Regulation Act 2015
Inspections - Legal Practitioners
37. (1) For the purposes of this Act, the Authority may appoint such and so many—
(a) members of its staff as it thinks fit to be inspectors for such period and subject to such terms as the Authority may determine,
(b) other persons as it thinks fit to be inspectors for such period and subject to such terms (including terms as to remuneration and allowances for expenses) as the Authority, with the approval of the Minister and consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, may determine.
(2) A person appointed to be an inspector under this section shall on his or her appointment be furnished with a warrant of appointment by the Authority and when exercising a power conferred by this Act shall, when requested by any person affected, produce such warrant or a copy thereof, together with a form of personal identification, to that person.
(3) The Authority may revoke any appointment made by it under subsection (1).
(4) An appointment or revocation under this section shall be in writing.
(5) The appointment of a person as an inspector under subsection (1) ceases—
(a) on the revocation of the appointment by the Authority,
(b) in a case where the appointment is for a specified period, on the expiration of that period,
(c) on the resignation of that person from the appointment, or
(d) where the person was appointed under subsection (1)(a), where that person ceases to be a member of staff of the Authority.