Legal Services Regulation Act 2015
Committees of Authority
16. (1) The Authority may establish committees to—
(a) assist and advise it in relation to the performance of all or any of its functions, and
(b) perform such functions of the Authority as may stand delegated to them under section 13 .
(2) In appointing members of a committee, the Authority shall—
(a) have regard to the range of qualifications and experience necessary for the proper and effective discharge of the functions of the committee, and
(b) have regard to the desirability of there being such balance between men and women on the committee as is appropriate.
(3) A committee shall consist of such number of members as the Authority may determine, provided that a majority of the members shall be lay persons.
(4) A committee may include persons who are not members of the Authority or its staff.
(5) There may be paid by the Authority, out of the resources at its disposal, to members of a committee such fees (if any) or allowances for expenses (if any) incurred by them as the Authority, with the approval of the Minister given with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform may from time to time determine.
(6) A member of a committee may at any time be removed from office by the Authority for stated reasons.
(7) The acts of a committee shall be subject to confirmation by the Authority, unless the Authority otherwise determines.
(8) The Authority may determine the terms of reference and regulate the procedures of a committee but, subject to any such regulation, the committee may regulate its own procedures and business.
(9) The Authority may appoint a person to be chairperson of a committee.
(10) A committee shall provide the Authority with such information as the Authority may from time to time require, in respect of its activities and operations, for the purposes of the performance of the functions of the Authority.
(11) The Authority may at any time dissolve a committee.
(12) A committee may act notwithstanding one or more vacancies in its membership.