Legal Services Regulation Act 2015
Chief Legal Costs Adjudicator to submit annual report
146. (1) The Chief Legal Costs Adjudicator shall, not later than 30 April in each year, prepare a report (in this section referred to as the “annual report”) of the activities of the Office in the immediately preceding financial year and submit it to the Chief Executive Officer of the Courts Service.
(2) The Chief Executive Officer of the Courts Service may specify, by direction in writing to the Chief Legal Costs Adjudicator, the form of the annual report and any information that is required to be included in the annual report.
(3) The Chief Legal Costs Adjudicator shall comply with a direction given to him or her under subsection (2).
(4) The Chief Legal Costs Adjudicator—
(a) may make any other reports that he or she considers appropriate, to draw to the attention of the Chief Executive Officer of the Courts Service matters that have come to his or her notice and that should, because of their gravity, be the subject of another report, and
(b) shall make a report on any other matter if that Chief Executive Officer so requests.
(5) The annual report shall be laid before each House of the Oireachtas together with the annual report of the Courts Service.
(6) A Legal Costs Adjudicator shall provide such information on his or her activities as the Chief Legal Costs Adjudicator may, for the purpose of discharging his or her functions under sections 144 and 145 and this section, require.