Legal Services Regulation Act 2015
141. (1) A County Registrar, on a taxation of costs, shall have regard to the principles relating to legal costs specified in Schedule 1 .
(2) Each County Registrar shall ensure that a register of taxation determinations is established and maintained by him or her in relation to applications to him or her for taxation of costs.
(3) A register referred to in subsection (2) shall contain the following particulars in relation to each application for taxation of costs:
(a) the date of the receipt by the county registrar concerned of the application for taxation;
(b) the names of the parties to the application;
(c) the date on which the determination was made;
(d) an outline of the disputed issues;
(e) the outcome, in monetary terms, of the taxation;
(f) the reasons for the outcome, as determined by the County Registrar.
(4) The register referred to in subsection (2) shall be available for inspection during office hours without payment by any person who applies to inspect it.
(5) Each County Registrar shall report annually to the Chief Legal Costs Adjudicator providing a summary of the information contained in the register of taxation determinations maintained by him or her.
F2 [ (6) For the purposes of subsection (3)(f) , a County Registrar need not publish the reasons for a determination where he or she is of the opinion that the taxation concerned does not involve a matter of legal importance. ]
Inserted (7.10.2019) by Courts Act 2019 (30/2019), s. 3(a), S.I. No. 501 of 2019.