Companies Act 2014
Terms and conditions of appointment
946. (1) Subject to subsection (3) and section 945(2), the Director shall hold office for such period not exceeding 5 years beginning on the date of his or her appointment as the Minister, with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, determines.
(2) The Minister may, with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, continue the appointment of the Director (including an appointment previously continued under this subsection) for such further period, not exceeding 5 years at any one time, as the Minister determines.
(3) The Director shall hold office on such terms and conditions (which shall include a scheme of superannuation under section 950) as the Minister, with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, determines.
(4) A person appointed as the Director is, by virtue of the appointment, a civil servant within the meaning of the Civil Service Regulation Acts 1956 to 2005.
(5) The Director shall not hold any other office or employment for which remuneration is payable.