Companies Act 2014
Savings and transitional provisions
5. (1) As provided under Part 17 , 18 , 19 or 24 , as appropriate, the repeal by this Act of any enactment shall not affect the incorporation of any company registered under any enactment so repealed.
(3) Any document referring to any former enactment relating to companies shall be read as referring to the corresponding enactment of this Act.
(4) Any person, appointed to any office under or by virtue of any former enactment relating to companies, who is in office immediately before the commencement of the provision concerned of this Act, shall be deemed to have been appointed to that office under or by virtue of the provision concerned of this Act.
(5) Any register, kept under any former enactment relating to companies, shall be deemed part of the register to be kept under the corresponding provision of this Act.
(6) All funds and accounts constituted under this Act shall be deemed to be in continuation of the corresponding funds and accounts constituted under the former enactments relating to companies.
(7) Schedule 6 contains further savings and transitional provisions and shall have effect accordingly.
(8) This section is without prejudice to—
(a) the generality of the Interpretation Act 2005 and, in particular, section 27 of it; and
(b) the special provision made in certain provisions of this Act for transitional matters as they relate to those provisions.
(9) In this section “former enactment relating to companies” means any enactment repealed or revoked by this Act and any enactment repealed or revoked by the Act of 1963 or the Companies (Consolidation) Act 1908.