Companies Act 2014
Director of Corporate Enforcement may request production of receiver’s books
446. (1) The F265[Authority, where it] considers it necessary or appropriate, make the following request of the receiver of the property of a company or companies (specifying the reason why the request is being made).
(2) That request is that the receiver produce to the F265[Authority] the receiver’s books for examination, either in regard to a particular receivership or to all receiverships undertaken by the receiver.
(3) The receiver of whom a request under subsection (1) is made shall—
(a) furnish the books to the F265[Authority],
(b) answer any questions concerning the content of the books and the conduct of the particular receivership or receiverships, and
(c) give to the F265[Authority] all assistance in the matter as the receiver is reasonably able to give.
(4) A request under subsection (1) may not be made in respect of books relating to a receivership that has concluded more than 6 years prior to the date of the request.
(5) If a receiver fails to comply with a request under subsection (1) or do any of the things referred to in subsection (3)(b) and (c), he or she shall be guilty of a category 3 offence.
Substituted (6.07.2022) by Companies (Corporate Enforcement Authority) Act 2021 (48/2021), s. 12(1) and sch. 2 ref. nos. 35-38, S.I. No. 335 of 2022.