Companies Act 2014
Report to Registrar and to Director: accounting records
(a) as soon as may be, by recorded delivery, serve a notice in writing on the company stating their opinion, and
(b) not later than 7 days after the date of service of such notice on the company, notify the Registrar in the prescribed form of the notice and the Registrar shall forthwith forward a copy of the notice to the F257[Authority].
(2) Where the statutory auditors form the opinion that the company has contravened any of sections 281 to 285 but that, following such contravention, the directors of the company have taken the necessary steps to ensure that those provisions are complied with, subsection (1)(b) shall not apply.
(3) This section shall not require the statutory auditors to make the notifications referred to in subsection (1) if they are of the opinion that the contraventions concerned are minor or otherwise immaterial in nature.
(4) Where the statutory auditors of a company make a notification pursuant to subsection (1)(b), they shall, if requested F257[by the Authority]—
(b) give to the F257[Authority] such access to documents, including facilities for inspecting and taking copies,
being information or documents in their possession or control and relating to the matter the subject of the notification, F257[as the Authority] may require.
(5) Any written information given in response to a request of the F257[Authority] under subsection (4) shall in all legal proceedings (other than proceedings for an offence) be admissible without further proof, until the contrary is shown, as evidence of the facts stated in it.
(6) No professional or legal duty to which statutory auditors are subject by virtue of their appointment as statutory auditors of a company shall be regarded as contravened by, and no liability to the company, its shareholders, creditors or other interested parties shall attach to, statutory auditors, by reason of their compliance with an obligation imposed on them by or under this section.
(7) Nothing in this section compels the disclosure by any person of any information that the person would be entitled to refuse to produce on the grounds of legal professional privilege or authorises the inspection or copying of any document containing such information that is in the person’s possession.
(8) A person who fails to make the notification required by subsection (1)(a) or (b) or to comply with a request under subsection (4)(a) or (b) shall be guilty of a category 3 offence.
Substituted (6.07.2022) by Companies (Corporate Enforcement Authority) Act 2021 (48/2021), s. 12(1) and sch. 2 ref. nos. 21-26, S.I. No. 335 of 2022.
Modifications (not altering text):
Application of section restricted (1.01.2020) by European Union (Qualifying Partnerships: Accounting and Auditing) Regulations 2019 (S.I. No. 597 of 2019), reg. 15, in effect as per reg. 1(2), (3).
Non-application of certain provisions of Principal Act
15. Sections 281 to 286, 305A, 312, 318, 319, 325(1)(c), (d) and (e), 326(1)(c) and (d) and (2)(d), 328, 338, 339, 341, 375, 381 to 385, 392, 396 to 398, 401 and 402 of the Principal Act shall not apply to a qualifying partnership.