Companies Act 2014
Minutes of proceedings of directors
166. (1) A company shall cause minutes to be entered in books kept for that purpose of—
(a) all appointments of officers made by its directors;
(b) the names of the directors present at each meeting of its directors and of any committee of the directors;
(c) all resolutions and proceedings at all meetings of its directors and of committees of directors.
(2) Such minutes shall be entered in the foregoing books as soon as may be after the appointment concerned is made, the meeting concerned has been held or the resolution concerned has been passed.
(3) Any such minute, if purporting to be signed by the chairperson of the meeting at which the proceedings were had, or by the chairperson of the next succeeding meeting, shall be evidence of the proceedings.
(4) Where minutes have been made in accordance with this section of the proceedings at any meeting of directors or committee of directors, then, until the contrary is proved—
(a) the meeting shall be deemed to have been duly held and convened;
(b) all proceedings had at the meeting shall be deemed to have been duly had; and
(c) all appointments of officers made by its directors at the meeting shall be deemed to be valid.
(5) A company shall, if required by the F45[Authority, produce to the Authority for inspection the book or books kept in accordance with subsection (1) by it and shall give to the Authority such facilities for inspecting and taking copies of the contents of the book or books as the Authority] may require.
(6) If a company fails to comply with subsection (1) or with a requirement made of it under subsection (5), the company and any officer of it who is in default shall be guilty of a category 4 offence.
Substituted (6.07.2022) by Companies (Corporate Enforcement Authority) Act 2021 (48/2021), s. 12(1) and sch. 2 ref. no. 5, S.I. No. 335 of 2022.