Companies Act 2014
F819[Content of consolidated payment report
1453. (1) A holding company shall in respect of its consolidated payment report, for each financial year, include the following information in relation to its relevant activities:
(a) the government to which each payment has been made, including the country of that government;
(b) the total amount of payments made to each government;
(c) the total amount per type of payment made to each government;
(d) where those payments have been attributed to a specific project, the total amount per type of payment made for each such project and the total amount of payments for each such project.
(2) A consolidated payment report shall include—
(a) any payments resulting from the relevant activities of a mining or quarrying undertaking, and
(b) any payments resulting from the relevant activities of a logging undertaking.
(3) Where an undertaking makes a payment that is not attributable to a specific project, it shall not be necessary in the consolidated payment report to allocate it to a specific project.
(4) A company shall not be required to include a payment in the consolidated payment report if—
(a) it is a single payment of an amount less than €100,000, or
(b) it forms part of a series of related payments within a financial year whose total amount is less than €100,000.
(5) Payments, activities and projects shall not be artificially split or aggregated to avoid the application of this Part.
(6) The disclosure of payments shall reflect the substance, rather than the form, of each payment, relevant activity or project concerned.
(7) Where payments in kind are made to a government, the consolidated payment report shall state the value of such payments in kind and, where applicable, the volume of those payments in kind, and the directors shall provide supporting notes to explain how the value of such payments in kind has been determined.
(8) In this section, "relevant activities", in relation to a holding company, means the activities of—
(a) the holding company, and
(b) any subsidiary undertaking included in the group financial statements of the holding company prepared in accordance with section 293.]
Inserted (9.06.2017) by Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 (9/2017), s. 87, S.I. No. 246 of 2017, art. 3, subject to transitional provision in art. 4.