Forestry Act 2014
23. (1) The Minister may appoint such and so many persons as he or she considers appropriate to be authorised officers for the purposes of the enforcement of all or any of the relevant statutory provisions.
(2) An authorised officer appointed under subsection (1) shall be furnished by the Minister with a warrant of his or her appointment as an authorised officer.
(3) When exercising a power conferred on him or her by this section, an authorised officer shall, if requested by a person affected, produce the warrant of his or her appointment, or a copy of it, to that person and a form of personal identification.
(4) An appointment under this section shall cease when the Minister revokes it.
(5) Members of the Garda Síochána are authorised officers for the purposes of the relevant statutory provisions.