Forestry Act 2014
Forest management plans
10. (1) The Minister may, by notice in writing, require an owner of a forest to submit a forest management plan (in this section referred to as a “plan”) in respect of his or her forest to ensure that afforestation, felling, restocking, forest road works and other forestry related activities (including amenity and recreation uses of forestry) are being carried out in accordance with good forest practice.
(2) Where an owner owns 2 or more forests, the Minister may require the owner to submit a separate plan in respect of each forest or in respect of a specified group of forests, or one plan in respect of all forests.
(3) The Minister may require that a plan be revised and updated.
(4) The Minister may, in whole or in part, approve, reject or revoke a plan, or a revised and updated plan, and attach conditions at any time to a plan, or a revised or updated plan.
(5) The Minister may set or extend time limits within which—
(a) plans, or revised and updated plans, or parts of them, shall be submitted and implemented, and
(b) conditions attached shall be complied with.
(6) The Minister may make regulations providing for the form, content, duration and implementation of plans.
Power pursuant to section exercised (9.11.2017) by Forestry (Amendment) Regulations 2017 (S.I. No. 498 of 2017).
Power pursuant to section exercised (24.05.2017) by Forestry Regulations 2017 (S.I. No. 191 of 2017).