Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Act 2014
Register of equality and human rights compliance notices
38. (1) The Commission shall establish and maintain a register of equality and human rights compliance notices for the time being in operation (in this Act referred to as the “register”).
(2) As soon as may be after an equality and human rights compliance notice has come into operation, the Commission shall cause the notice to be entered on the register.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), an equality and human rights compliance notice shall be removed from the register after the expiry of 5 years from the date on which the notice came into operation.
(4) A person who is the subject of an equality and compliance notice may at any time before the expiry of the period referred to in subsection (3) apply to the Commission to have the notice concerned removed from the register and the Commission may, if it considers it appropriate to do, so remove the notice.
(5) An appeal shall lie to the District Court from a refusal by the Commission to remove an equality and human rights compliance notice.
(6) The register shall be made available for inspection by members of the public at all reasonable times at the principal office of the Commission.
(7) The jurisdiction conferred on the District Court under this section shall be exercised by a judge of that court for the time being assigned to the district court district in which the person on whom the equality and human rights compliance notice is served ordinarily resides or carries on any profession, business or occupation.