Water Services Act 2013
18A. (1) As soon as may be after the coming into operation of this section, the subsidiary shall prepare and submit to the Minister a scheme or schemes for the granting of superannuation benefits to or in respect of members of staff of the subsidiary.
(2) Every such scheme shall fix the time and conditions of retirement for all persons to, or in respect of whom, superannuation benefits are payable under the scheme, and different times and conditions may be fixed in respect of different classes of persons.
(3) The subsidiary may at any time prepare and submit to the Minister a scheme amending or revoking a scheme previously submitted and approved under this section.
(4) A scheme or amending scheme submitted to the Minister under this section shall, if approved by the Minister with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, be carried out by the subsidiary in accordance with its terms.
(5) Every scheme made under this section shall make provision for appeals.
(6) A superannuation benefit shall not be granted by the subsidiary to or in respect of any of its staff who are members of a scheme under this section and no other arrangement shall be entered into for the provision of any superannuation benefit to such persons on their ceasing to hold office, other than in accordance with such scheme or schemes submitted and approved under this section or an arrangement approved by the Minister and the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
(7) The Minister shall cause every scheme submitted and approved under this section to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas as soon as may be after it is approved, and if either such House within the next 21 days on which that House sits after the scheme is laid before it, passes a resolution annulling the scheme, the scheme shall be annulled accordingly, but without prejudice to anything previously done thereunder.
(8) In this section ‘superannuation benefit’ means a pension, gratuity or other allowance payable on resignation, retirement or death.]
Inserted (3.12.2013) by Gas Regulation Act 2013 (39/2013), s. 47, commenced on enactment.
Repealed by Water Services (No. 2) Act 2013 (50/2013), s. 4(2), not commenced as of date of revision.
Modifications (not altering text):
Prospective affecting provision: section repealed by Water Services (No. 2) Act 2013 (50/2013), s. 4(2), not commenced as of date of revision.