Credit Reporting Act 2013
Verification of identity of credit information subjects
20. (1) A credit information provider shall take such steps as are prescribed by regulations under subsection (2) to verify the identity of credit information subjects who—
(a) make credit applications to, or credit agreements with, the credit information provider, or
(b) propose to give, or give, a guarantee or indemnity in connection with a credit agreement with the credit information provider.
(2) The Bank shall, following consultation with the Data Protection Commissioner and with the consent of the Minister, make regulations prescribing such steps as it appears to the Bank are reasonable to require a credit information provider to take to verify the identity of credit information subjects referred to in subsection (1).
(3) Regulations under subsection (2) may make different provision in relation to—
(a) different classes of credit information providers, or
(b) different classes of credit information subjects.
Modifications (not altering text):
Reference to Data Protection Commissioner construed (25.05.2018) by Data Protection Act 2018 (7/2018), s. 14(2), commenced as per subs. (4) and S.I. No. 175 of 2018.
Transfer of functions of Data Protection Commissioner to Commission
14. (1) All functions that, immediately before the establishment day, were vested in the Data Protection Commissioner are transferred to the Commission.
(2) A reference in any enactment or instrument under an enactment to the Data Protection Commissioner or to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner shall be construed as a reference to the Commission.
Power pursuant to section exercised (28.08.2019) by Credit Reporting Act 2013 (Section 20) (Verification of Identity of Credit Information Subjects) (Amendment) Regulations 2019 (S.I. No. 433 of 2019).
Power pursuant to section exercised (30.06.2017 and 31.12.2017) by Credit Reporting Act 2013 (Section 20) (Verification of Identity of Credit Information Subjects) Regulations 2016 (S.I. No. 488 of 2016), in effect as per reg. 1(2), (3).