Child and Family Agency Act 2013
Accounts of Agency
51. (1) The chief executive officer shall cause to be kept all proper and usual books or other records of account of—
(a) all income and expenditure of the Agency,
(b) the source of the income and the subject matter of the expenditure, and
(c) the property, assets and liabilities of the Agency.
(2) The chief executive officer shall, in respect of each financial year, cause to be prepared annual financial statements (including accounts of income and expenditure and a balance sheet) in such form as the Minister may direct.
(3) The annual statements shall be prepared by the Agency in accordance with accounting standards specified by the Minister.
(4) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1), the chief executive officer will also keep such special accounts as the Minister may direct.
(5) The books, records and special accounts kept under this section shall be kept—
(a) in such form, and
(b) for such accounting periods,
as the Minister may specify, with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
(6) The accounts of the Agency prepared by the chief executive officer and approved by the Board shall be submitted to the Comptroller and Auditor General for audit not less than 3 months after the end of the financial year to which the accounts relate.
(7) Within one month of the Comptroller and Auditor General issuing an audit certificate for the accounts of the Agency, a copy of—
(a) the accounts, and
(b) the report of the Comptroller and Auditor General on the accounts,
shall be presented to the Minister who, within 2 months after their receipt, shall cause copies thereof to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(8) If required by the Minister, the Agency shall furnish to the Minister the information the Minister may require in respect of any balance sheet, account or report of the Agency.
F42[(8A) If required by the Minister for Education, the Agency shall furnish to that Minister the information in respect of the education welfare functions of the Agency as that Minister may require in respect of any balance sheet, account or report of the Agency.]
(9) The Agency, the chief executive officer and other employees of the Agency—
(a) whenever so requested by the Minister, shall permit any person appointed by the Minister to examine the books or other records of account of the Agency in respect of any financial year or other period, and
(b) shall facilitate the examination,
and the Agency shall pay such fee as may be fixed by the Minister for the examination.
Inserted (15.12.2021) by Child and Family Agency (Amendment) Act 2021 (34/2021), s. 23, S.I. No. 697 of 2021.