Taxi Regulation Act 2013
66. (1) The Authority may establish or provide for the establishment of schemes for the recognition of quality service (in this section referred to as “quality service certification”) by persons or companies that provide services for the support of the operation of small public service vehicles.
(2) The Authority shall determine both the content and design of a notice containing details of the award of a quality service certification, and provisions in relation to the display of the said notice by a person or company determined to be a quality service provider.
(3) In determining, or arranging for the certification of, requirements and performance criteria for quality service under this section, the Authority shall consult with—
(a) the Advisory Committee,
(b) the Garda Commissioner, and
(c) any other body that the Authority considers may be of assistance in formulating such requirements and performance criteria.
(4) Certification as a quality service provider under this section may be awarded or removed by the Authority having regard to performance indicators over specified periods of time.
(5) A person or a company who claims to have been awarded certification as a quality service provider under this section or who displays a notice as such notwithstanding where no such certification has been awarded to the person or company under this section commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a class E fine.
(6) In this section “quality service” means a service that meets specified requirements and performance criteria determined, from time to time, by the Authority or by another person on behalf of the Authority.