Further Education and Training Act 2013
23.— (1) There shall be a chief executive officer of An tSeirbhís (in this Act referred to as the “chief executive”).
(2) Subject to subsections (4) and (5), the chief executive shall be appointed by An tSeirbhís with the consent of the Minister.
(3) The chief executive may be removed from office by An tSeirbhís for stated reasons.
(4) The Minister may, before the establishment day, designate a person to be appointed to be the first chief executive of An tSeirbhís.
(5) If, immediately before the establishment day, a person stands designated by the Minister under subsection (4), An tSeirbhís shall appoint that person to be the first chief executive.
(6) The chief executive shall hold office upon and subject to such terms and conditions (including terms and conditions relating to remuneration, allowances and superannuation) as may be determined by An tSeirbhís with the approval of the Minister given with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
(7) The chief executive shall not hold any other office or employment or carry on any business without the consent of An tSeirbhís.
(8) The chief executive shall, ex officio, be an ordinary member of An tSeirbhís.