Personal Insolvency Act 2012
Reports by the Insolvency Service.
16.— (1) Not later than 4 months after the end of each financial year, the Insolvency Service shall make a written report (in this section referred to as the “annual report”) to the Minister on the performance of the functions of the Insolvency Service during that year.
(2) The annual report submitted under subsection (1) shall be in such form and shall include information in respect of such matters as the Insolvency Service thinks appropriate or as the Minister may direct.
(3) The Insolvency Service—
( a) may make any other reports that it considers appropriate for drawing to the Minister’s attention matters relating to the functions of the Insolvency Service that have come to its notice and that, in its opinion, should, because of their gravity or other exceptional circumstances, be the subject of a special report to the Minister, and
( b) shall make a report on any matter if so requested by the Minister.
(4) The Insolvency Service shall give to the Minister such other information as the Minister may require in respect of—
( a) the performance by the Insolvency Service of its functions and its policies in respect of such performance,
( b) any specific document or account prepared by it, or
( c) the annual report or any report referred to in subsection (3).
(5) For the purposes of subsection (1), the period between the establishment day and the following 31 December shall be deemed to be a financial year.
(6) Not later than 2 months after receiving an annual report submitted under subsection (1), the Minister shall cause a copy of the report to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(7) The Insolvency Service shall publish its annual report in such form and manner as it considers appropriate as soon as practicable after subsection (6) has been complied with in respect of the report.
(8) The Minister may, if he or she considers it appropriate to do so, cause a copy of a report submitted under subsection (3)—
( a) to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas, and
( b) where paragraph (a) has been complied with, published in such form and manner as he or she considers appropriate.