Residential Institutions Statutory Fund Act 2012
13.— (1) There shall be a chief executive officer of the Board (in this Act referred to as the “chief executive”).
(2) Subject to subsections (4) and (5), the chief executive shall be appointed by the Board with the consent of the Minister.
(3) The chief executive may be removed from office by the Board for stated reasons, with the consent of the Minister.
(4) The Minister may, before the establishment day, designate a person to be appointed to be the first chief executive of the Board.
(5) If, immediately before the establishment day, a person stands designated by the Minister under subsection (4), the Board shall appoint that person to be the first chief executive.
(6) The chief executive shall hold office upon and subject to such terms and conditions (including terms and conditions relating to remuneration, allowances and expenses) as may be determined by the Board with the approval of the Minister given with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
(7) The chief executive shall not hold any other office or employment or carry on any business without the consent of the Board.
(8) The chief executive may attend any meeting of the Board.