Residential Institutions Statutory Fund Act 2012
Membership of Board and related matters.
11.— (1) The Board shall consist of 9 members who shall be appointed by the Minister—
( a) of whom 4 are persons who were resident in an institution specified in the Schedule to the Act of 2002 before they attained the age of 18 years, and
( b) among whom there are persons other than those referred to at paragraph (a), who have knowledge of, and expertise in relation to one or more than one of the following:
(i) the keeping of financial accounts and disbursement of funds;
(ii) the management and administration of an organisation;
(iii) the provision of an approved service or approved services.
(2) The Minister shall appoint one member of the Board as chairperson.
(3) The Minister shall, in so far as is practicable, ensure an equitable balance between men and women in the composition of the Board.
(4) The members of the Board shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, hold office on such terms and conditions (including terms and conditions relating to the payment of allowances for expenses) as may be determined by the Minister, with the approval of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
(5) In performing its functions, the Board shall act in utmost good faith with due care, skill and diligence.
(6) The provisions of the Schedule shall have effect in relation to the Board.