Criminal Justice (Withholding of Information on Offences against Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012
Offences against vulnerable persons for purposes of offence under section 3
1. Common law offence of false imprisonment.
4. Sexual assault.
6. An offence under section 1 of the Punishment of Incest Act 1908 (incest by males).
7. An offence under section 2 of the Punishment of Incest Act 1908 (incest by females of or over 17 years of age).
8. An offence under either of the following provisions of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 1993—
(a) subsection (1) of section 5 insofar as it provides for an offence of having sexual intercourse, or committing an act of buggery, with a person who is mentally impaired within the meaning of that section (other than a person to whom the alleged offender is married or to whom he or she believes with reasonable cause he or she is married),
(b) subsection (2) of section 6 insofar as it provides for an offence of soliciting or importuning a person who is mentally impaired within the meaning of that section (whether or not for the purposes of prostitution) for the purposes of the commission of an act that would constitute an offence under section 5(1) (insofar as it is referred to in paragraph (a)) of that Act or an offence referred to in section 2 of the Criminal Law (Rape) (Amendment) Act 1990.
9. An offence under section 2 of the Sexual Offences (Jurisdiction) Act 1996 insofar as it relates to an offence specified in the Schedule to that Act that is also specified in this Schedule to the extent that it is so specified.
10. An offence under any of the following provisions of the Criminal Law (Human Trafficking) Act 2008—
(a) section 4 (trafficking of persons other than children),
(b) section 5 insofar as it relates to a person in respect of whom an offence under subsection (1) or (3) of section 4 of that Act has been committed (soliciting or importuning for purposes of prostitution of trafficked person),
(c) section 7 insofar as it relates to an offence under section 4 of that Act.
F4[12. An offence under any of the following provisions of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2017—
(a) section 21 (sexual act with protected person),
(b) section 22 (offence against relevant person by person in authority).]
Inserted (27.03.2017) by Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2017 (2/2017), s. 53(b), S.I. No. 112 of 2017.