Central Bank and Credit Institutions (Resolution) Act 2011
Provision of financial incentive to transferee.
F12 [ 46 . — (1) The Minister may, at the request of the Bank, agree to the provision, directly or indirectly, of a financial incentive, on terms and conditions that the Minister considers appropriate, to a person to become a transferee under —
( a ) a transfer order, or
( b ) where a transfer order has been varied under section 33, the transfer order as so varied.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1)(a) , the person to which the financial incentive is given may be a bridge-bank.
(3) A financial incentive may take the form of a payment, a loan, a guarantee, an exchange of assets or any other kind of financial accommodation or assistance, and may be or may include financial support within the meaning of the Act of 2008.
(4) Where the Minister agrees to the provision of a financial incentive under this Act and it is in the form of a payment or gives rise to a payment, the payment shall be made by the Bank from the Fund to such person as the Minister may direct.
(5) Where the Minister agrees to the provision of a financial incentive under this Act, a term of its provision may be in respect of the repayment in case of setting-aside of the transfer order, whether or not there is re-transfer of any assets or liabilities to the transferor.
(6) The amount of any financial incentive provided under this Act is a debt due and owing to the Bank for the account of the Fund by the transferor and may be recovered by the Bank for the account of the Fund as a simple contract debt in any court of competent jurisdiction.
(7) Any sum recovered by the Bank under subsection (6) shall be paid into the Fund. ]