Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010
Registration of persons directing private members’ clubs.
109.— (1) A person who is a designated person pursuant to section 25(1)(h) shall register with the Minister in accordance with suchprocedures as may be prescribed or otherwise imposed by the Minister.
(2) A person who is required to register under this section commits an offence if the person fails to do so and is liable—
( a) on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding €5,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months (or both), or
( b) on conviction on indictment to a fine or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years (or both).
(3) The following particulars shall be entered into a register established and maintained by the Minister for the purposes of this section:
( a) the name of each designated person who registers under this section;
( b) the name and address of the premises of the private members’ club in relation to which the person is a designated person;
( c) any prescribed information as may be reasonably required by the Minister for the purposes of this Act.
(4) The register may be in book form, electronic form or such other form as the Minister may determine. The register may be maintained in an electronic, mechanical or other non-written form only if it is capable of being reproduced in a written form.
(5) The Minister shall maintain the register at an office of the Department.
(6) The Minister may prescribe particulars for the purposes of subsection (3)(c) only if satisfied that those particulars reasonably relate to the business or regulation of persons directing members’ clubs as designated persons.
F112 [ (7) The Minister may publish the register in written, electronic or other form and a member of the public is entitled to obtain a copy of the register or of an entry in the register on payment of such reasonable copying charges as may be prescribed (if any).
(8) The particulars entered in the register pursuant to this section relating to a person who is a designated person pursuant to section 25(1)(h) may be removed from the register where that person ceases to be a designated person pursuant to that provision. ]