Dog Breeding Establishments Act 2010
Duties of operators of dog breeding establishments.
15.— (1) The operator of a dog breeding establishment shall ensure that—
( a) dogs are at all times kept in accommodation suitable as respect construction, size of quarters, number of occupants, exercising facilities, temperature, lighting, ventilation and cleanliness,
( b) dogs are—
(i) adequately supplied with suitable food, drink and bedding material,
(ii) adequately exercised, and
(iii) inspected at suitable intervals,
( c) all reasonable measures are taken to prevent and control the spread among dogs of infectious or contagious diseases,
( d) appropriate measures are taken for the protection of dogs in case of fire or other emergency,
( e) bitches do not give birth to more than 6 litters of pups each, and
( f) during any period of 3 years, not more than 3 litters of pups are born to a bitch.
(2) The operator of a dog breeding establishment shall keep such records as may be prescribed at the dog breeding establishment and shall make them available for inspection by an authorised person or the local authority in whose functional area the dog breeding establishment is situated upon request by an authorised person or that local authority.
(3) Records to which subsection (2) applies shall be in such form as may be prescribed.
(4) The Minister may issue guidelines in relation to the operation of dog breeding establishments and the compliance by operators of dog breeding establishments with this Act.
(5) The Minister may, before issuing guidelines under this section—
( a) publish a draft of the guidelines in such manner as he or she determines,
( b) invite members of the public and any body or organisation to make representations to him or her in relation to the draft so published in such manner and within such period as he or she specifies, and
( c) consider any such representations made in the manner and within the period so specified.
(6) Guidelines issued under this section shall be published on the internet by the Minister and shall be made available for inspection by members of the public at all reasonable times at the principal office of every local authority.