Adoption Act 2010
Adopted Children Register.
( a) continue in being, and
( b) be kept and maintained by an tArd-Chláraitheoir in accordance with this Chapter.
(2) An entry shall be made in the Adopted Children Register with respect to each adopted child who is the subject of an adoption order made by the Authority.
(3) Each entry shall contain the F84 [ particulars, appropriate to the adoption concerned, ] specified in Schedule 3 .
(4) If the date of the adopted child’s birth is unknown—
( a) the Authority shall determine the probable date of birth, and
( b) that date shall be entered in the Adopted Children Register as the adopted child’s date of birth.
(5) If the Authority subsequently ascertains the actual date of the child’s birth—
( a) the determination referred to in subsection (4) shall be cancelled, and
( b) both the adoption order in respect of the child and the entry in the Adopted Children Register made under subsection (4) shall be correspondingly amended to show that actual date.
(6) The country of birth of the child shall be entered in the Adopted Children Register if the Authority, being satisfied thereof, so directs.
(7) If an adoption order is amended, the entry relating to the adoption shall be amended accordingly.
(8) If an adoption order is set aside, the entry relating to the adoption shall be cancelled.
(9) If directed to do so by the Authority, an tArd-Chláraitheoir shall correct an error in any entry in the Adopted Children Register.
(10) Evidence of an entry in the Adopted Children Register and of the facts stated therein may be given by the production of a document purporting to be a legible copy of the entry and to be certified to be a true copy by an tArd-Chláraitheoir or a person authorised in that behalf by an tArd-Chláraitheoir.