Adoption Act 2010
Accounts of Authority.
112.— (1) The chief executive officer shall cause to be kept all proper and usual books or other records of account of—
( a) all income and expenditure of the Authority,
( b) the source of the income and the subject matter of the expenditure, and
( c) the property, assets and liabilities of the Authority.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1) , the chief executive officer shall also keep such special accounts as the Minister may direct.
(3) The books, records and special accounts kept under this section shall be—
( a) kept in the form, and
( b) for the accounting periods,
that the Minister may specify, with the consent of the Minister for Finance.
(4) The accounts of the Authority prepared by the chief executive officer and approved by the Board shall be submitted to the Comptroller and Auditor General for audit not later than 3 months after the end of the financial year to which the accounts relate.
(5) Within one month of the Comptroller and Auditor General issuing an audit certificate for the accounts of the Authority, a copy of—
( a) the accounts, and
( b) the report of the Comptroller and Auditor General on the accounts,
shall be presented to the Minister who, within 2 months after their receipt, shall cause copies thereof to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(6) If required by the Minister, the Authority shall furnish to the Minister the information the Minister may require in respect of any balance sheet, account or report of the Authority.
(7) The Authority, the chief executive officer and other employees of the Authority—
( a) whenever so requested by the Minister, shall permit any person appointed by the Minister to examine the books or other records of account of the Authority in respect of any financial year or other period, and
( b) shall facilitate the examination,
and the Authority shall pay such fee as may be fixed by the Minister for the examination.