Adoption Act 2010
Meetings of Authority.
100.— (1) The Minister, in consultation with the Authority, shall fix the date, time and place of the first meeting of the Authority.
(2) The Authority shall hold as many meetings as are necessary for performing its functions but shall hold at least 12 meetings a year.
(3) The chairperson at any reasonable time may call a meeting of the Authority.
(4) Any 4 members of the Authority may call a meeting of the Authority if the chairperson—
( a) refuses to call a meeting after being presented with a requisition for that purpose signed by not fewer than 4 members, or
( b) without refusing to call a meeting, does not call one within 7 days after being presented with the requisition.
(5) The members present at a meeting called under subsection (4) shall choose one of their number to chair the meeting.
(6) The quorum for a meeting of the Authority is—
( a) the chairperson or deputy chairperson, or
( b) in the case of a meeting called under subsection (4) , the member chosen under subsection (5) to chair the meeting who, for that meeting, shall be regarded as the chairperson for the purposes of subsections (9) and (10) ,
and 2 ordinary members, one of whom shall be a person described in paragraph (a) or (b) of section 98(3) .
(7) The chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the Authority at which he or she is present.
(8) Each question at a meeting shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting on the question.
(9) In the case of an equal division of votes, the chairperson, or in the absence of the chairperson, the deputy chairperson has a second or casting vote.
(10) Each decision of the Authority shall be announced by the chairperson, the deputy chairperson or the other member authorised by the chairperson and neither the existence of nor the content of any opinion of any other member, whether assenting or dissenting, shall be disclosed.
(11) Subject to this Act, the Authority may regulate, by standing orders or otherwise, the procedures and business of the Authority.